Another quick lunch thrown together with ingredients I had on hand. This was my first time using bulgur. I am a fan! Love the texture, love it’s versatility. I can’t wait to try it in other ways. What is your favorite bulgur recipe?
Bulgur Salad with Grapefruit and Feta
- 1/2 cup dry bulgur, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 grapefruit, segmented
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 kalamata olives, halved
- 1/8 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Allow the bulgur to cool as you prep the other ingredients. Combine the ingredients and serve. Makes 2 servings for a side salad or 1 large serving for a main dish.
Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide said:
Cool recipe. I need to branch out with my bulgur usage. I love it in bread and tabouleh.
I really enjoyed it. It always amazes me how much I have to learn about food/ingredients. And I have learned so much already.