Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be. ~ Rick Warren
Last year I published 26 Things to Do Before I Turn 27.
Here is what I accomplished on that list~
- Eat a food I have never previously tried 7/18/12 – Jack fruit
- Make pizza on the grill 8/3/12 – see post here
- Go to a wine tasting 9/12/12 – Breax Winery in Loudon County, VA
- Run another 5K – October 2013, Komen 5K, Lex KY
- Make homemade pasta 9/15/12 – gnocchi
Repair a relationship.If not able to repair it, heal from the loss and move forward.
Not nearly as successful as I thought I would be. I have a lot of things in the works. This next year, I want to keep on track. Accomplish more. And have as great a year next year as I did this year!
27 Things to Do Before I Turn 28!
- Travel outside of the country. Canada counts. (this Sept vacation!)
- Red presidential biographies through President Martin Van Buren. (stuck at Jefferson)
- Finish the cross stitch project I started last year.
- Go to Thunder Over Louisville. (I MISSED IT in 2013!!!)
- Get a professional massage.
- Purchase new furniture for my house.
- Paint my kitchen.
- Go out on a fancy date with the hubby.
- Buy a bookshelf for my National Geographic collection… Yes, I am a nerd!
- Start a compost pile.
- Buy a decorator kit and make gorgeous cupcakes.
- See Niagara Falls. (trip planned for September)
- Go canoeing/kayaking.
- Volunteer at a worthy charity/organization.
- Buy a pair of chopsticks and learn how to use them.
- Mail a secret to PostSecret (my most favorite blog).
- Go to IKEA.
- Dye my hair red (or a shade of red).
- Be able to do 10 push-ups without a break.
- Work on my flower beds.
- See something in the Southwest.
- Make my own homemade sausage.
- Figure out my religious views.
- Complete 25,000 words on my novel.
- Read 50 books in 2013.
- Make all this year’s Christmas gifts.
- Get Michelle Obama arms. (I have no idea how to measure this but I am gonna try!)