This is such a fantastic salad! I can tell that this is going to be a frequent repeat in my lunch bag (I don’t think the honey will be as enthusiastic about it.) The flavors are phenomenal and fresh. The recipe is quick to throw together and sure to wow anyone. I really encourage you to try it!
Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette (a variation of this recipe)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, prepared per package instructions and cooled
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 15 shrimps, deveined and shells removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Old Bay seasoning
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, microplaned or finely minced
- Honey to taste
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
In a skillet, saute the shrimp in the butter and Old Bay. Meanwhile, combine quinoa, onion, orange, avocado, black beans, bell pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. When the shrimp is cooked through, add to the salad. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
This looks awesome! Will definitely be making this soon…
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know what you think!
Pingback: Chipotle-Rubbed Flank Steak with Lime Butter « annashortcakes