This recipe is courtesy of my mother-in-law. I made a few adjustments from the original recipe but it still tastes wonderful! The best thing about this recipe is that it makes so much and is wonderful left over. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A classic Southern dish!
- 32 ounces frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt (can be omitted for lower sodium diets)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (I prefer to add about 6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (can substitute cream of mushroom or some similar such soup)
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
Mix together all the above ingredients. Pour into greased 9×13 pan. Top with crackers (the original recipe called for another 1/4 cup butter poured on top of the crackers). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Beth Bissmeyer said:
Marva Rose said:
And, it’s just as good without all the butter/margarine and salt. Eating healthier can taste good.
Pingback: Cherry Apple Sorbet « annashortcakes